Skip to playerSkip to main content
Tension prevailed briefly in Bagalkote, Karnataka, after stones were allegedly hurled at a Shivaji Jayanti procession in the old city area on Thursday, officials said.

The incident occurred when the rally, which began around 3:30 pm, was passing near a mosque. According to Superintendent of Police Siddharth Goyal, adequate police force had been deployed for the procession and senior officers were present at the spot.

“As the procession approached the mosque area, two stones were thrown from a distance towards us,” the SP said. Based on preliminary information and video footage reviewed so far, one stone hit a police constable, while the other struck him on the shoulder. No major injuries were reported.

Despite the incident, the procession continued without further disruption and the situation remained peaceful, police said.

Authorities have reviewed CCTV footage from the area, which is under camera surveillance. The procession was also recorded. Police said strict action will be taken against those involved.

Meanwhile, prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita have been imposed in parts of Bagalkote from midnight of February 19 to midnight of February 24. Under the restrictions, assembly of more than four persons in public places is banned. Carrying weapons, organising meetings or sit-ins without prior permission, and activities endangering public safety have also been prohibited.

Police said the situation is under control and adequate security arrangements are in place to maintain law and order.

#Karnataka #Bagalkote #ShivajiJayanti #LawAndOrder #Section163 #StonePelting #PublicSafety #PoliceUpdate

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:00Tension prevailed briefly in Bagal Kote after stones were allegedly hurled at a Chhatrapati
00:05Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti procession in the Old City area. According to Superintendent of Police
00:11Siddharth Goyal, the rally began around 3.30pm and was passing near a mosque when two stones
00:17were thrown from a distance. One stone reportedly hit a police constable while the other struck the
00:22SP on his shoulder. No major injuries were reported. Despite the incident, the procession
00:27continued peacefully under heavy police deployment, with senior officers present on the spot.
00:32Authorities have reviewed CCTV footage and said strict action will be taken against those
00:37responsible. Meanwhile, prohibitory orders under Section 163 have been imposed from February 19th
00:44to 24th, restricting public assembly and certain activities. Police say the situation remains
00:50under control, with tight security in place.
Comments

Recommended