Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 2 days ago
"We will talk soon and I will address all details of this horrific incident, but I need a moment to process," he said in a statement to 'Essence.'
Transcript
00:00Jussie Smollett has spoken out for the first time since he was the victim of a homophobic
00:04and racist attack earlier this week. The Empire actor was beaten by two men on Tuesday in Chicago.
00:09According to police, the attackers first yelled racial and homophobic slurs before they beat him
00:14and poured an unknown chemical substance over him. One of the attackers wrapped a rope around
00:19Smollett's neck. The attack led to his hospitalization. Smollett said in a statement to Essence
00:24on Friday,
00:30Police confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Smollett told them his attackers yelled
00:41pro-Trump comments during the attack, including,
00:43Those comments were not mentioned in the initial report, though were added to a supplemental report
00:49after another interview with Smollett. In a statement, the actor addressed the claims on social media
00:54that he has changed his story and details about the incident, saying,
01:00He also wrote,
01:12For Smollett's full statement, head to THR.com. Until next time, for The Hollywood Reporter News,
01:27I'm Tiffany Taylor.
Be the first to comment
Add your comment

Recommended