00:00The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission has offered a goodwill contribution to the family
00:05of the late Teo Benghok as a gesture of compassion.
00:08In a statement, MACC Chief Commissioner Azam Bakis said there was insufficient evidence
00:13to charge anyone in Teo's death but said the agency took the incident very seriously.
00:18Azam expressed his deepest sympathies and issued an apology to Teo's family for their
00:22pain and suffering.
00:24Teo died on July 16, 2009 after falling from the 14th floor of Plaza Masalam while under
00:29MACC interrogation.
00:30An inquest returned an open verdict, but in 2014, the Court of Appeal ruled that his death
00:35was caused by one or more persons unknown, including MACC officers.
00:40In 2019, police launched an investigation under Section 342 of the Penal Code for wrongful
00:45confinement.
00:47Prior to 2018, two special investigation teams were set up, one in 2011 and the other in
00:512015, to look into Teo's death but were classified as no further action by the public prosecutor.
00:57In 2015, the government settled a civil suit with Teo's family, paying 600,000 ringgit
01:02in compensation and 60,000 ringgit in illegal costs.
01:06The family had named the government and 12 others in the suit for negligence over his death.
01:10Azam highlighted several reforms MACC had implemented since then, including increased CCTV coverage,
01:16body cameras and installing iron grills, and re-infirmed the agency's commitment to integrity,
01:20transparency and ongoing institutional reforms.
01:23Dhanish Rajariza, FMT.
01:25NON-FM, we support FNP
01:26NON-FM, we support FNP.
01:27Part FNP mycket Banks werewerk Shake처� negotiations.
01:28Funds are morte investigation as treatment government said.
01:29NON-FM, we support FNP for 박 rumor effective restrictions.
01:30New news news, federal k
01:40pket over DeOS to provideけて
Comments