Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 3 hours ago
Carrie Johnson has called for better police treatment of sexual assault victims as she expressed her relief that black cab rapist John Worboys will remain in prison.
Transcript
00:00writing in the daily mail mrs johnson who helped bring the serial sex attacker to justice said her decision to
00:08become involved in an itv dramatisation of the case was driven by a desire to give victims a voice war
00:17boys is serving a life sentence after luring women into his taxi late at night pretending he had won money
00:24and offering them drinks to celebrate laced with drugs
00:28the wife of former prime minister boris johnson one of several women who spoke out to keep war boys behind
00:35bars said news he had been refused parole came as a huge relief to many survivors the parole decision published
00:43on thursday was made behind closed doors despite the parole board previously ruling that a hearing would take place in
00:51public
00:52however because war boys then indicated he would not be requesting to be freed a hearing was no longer required
01:00and the case was determined by considering paper evidence instead
01:04the 68 year old accepts that he does not currently meet the test for release and claims to feel enormous
01:12regret remorse and shame according to parole papers
01:17war boys was first jailed in 2009 for 19 sexual offenses linked to attacks on 12 victims between october 2006
01:26and february 2008 in london
Comments

Recommended