Skip to playerSkip to main content
The World Health Organization said on Wednesday the risk of global spread of the Ebola virus in Congo and Uganda is high at national and regional levels, but low at the global level. The risk assessment came as the leader of the WHO team in Congo said the outbreak, which has led to 134 suspected deaths, could last at least another two months as aid efforts intensified on to stem the spread. (via The Associated Press)

READ: https://mb.com.ph/2026/05/20/risk-of-ebola-spread-is-high-locally-but-low-globally-who-says


Join this channel to get access to perks:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5664f6TkaeHgwBly50DWZQ/join

Subscribe to the Manila Bulletin Online channel! - https://www.youtube.com/TheManilaBulletin

Visit our website at http://mb.com.ph
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manilabulletin
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/manila_bulletin
Instagram: https://instagram.com/manilabulletin
Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@manilabulletin

#ManilaBulletinOnline
#ManilaBulletin
#LatestNews

Category

ЁЯЧЮ
News
Transcript
00:00manager for this outbreak in our regional office. After declaring the FIG, I immediately convened
00:08an emergency committee under the IHR, which met yesterday and agreed that the situation is a
00:15public health emergency of international concern, but is not a pandemic. WHO assess the risk of the
00:25epidemic as the high at the national and regional levels and low at the global level. So far, 51
00:34cases have been confirmed in the DRC, in the northern provinces of Ituri and North Kivu,
00:41including in the cities of Bunia and Goma, although we know the scale of the epidemic in DRC
00:49is much larger. Uganda has also informed WHO of two confirmed cases in the capital Kampala,
00:59including one death among two individuals who travel from DRC to Uganda.
Comments

Recommended