Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 1 minute ago
Umno Youth chief Datuk Dr Muhamad Akmal Saleh has rejected any prospect of working with DAP in the Melaka state election, saying he will not contest if Barisan Nasional and Pakatan Harapan forge an electoral partnership.

The Merlimau assemblyman said he was willing to forgo defending the seat he currently holds to remain true to his political principles.

Read more at https://tinyurl.com/4rkwy3sr

WATCH MORE: https://thestartv.com/c/news
SUBSCRIBE: https://cutt.ly/TheStar
LIKE: https://fb.com/TheStarOnline

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:02UMNO Youth Chief Datuk Dr Mohamed Akmal Saleh said he would not contest in the Melaka state
00:08election if Barisan National and Pakatan Harapan form an electoral pact. The Merlimau
00:14Assemblyman said on Tuesday he was prepared to give up defending his seat to uphold his
00:19political principles. Akmal was responding to reports that Barisan and Pakatan could hold
00:24talks on possible cooperation in the coming Melaka state election. Earlier on Tuesday,
00:31PKR Interim Deputy President Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said he had not ruled out meeting
00:37Melaka Barisan Chairman and Chief Minister Datuk Seri Abraaf Yusso to discuss the matter.
00:44He said the meeting could take place after Abraaf returns from a working visit to New Zealand.
00:49The possibility of cooperation arose after Barisan Chairman Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi
00:56said on August 8 that the coalition was open to negotiating seat allocations for the Melaka
01:02polls, including possible seat swaps. Pakatan Communications Director Datuk Seri Fahmi Fadzil
01:08welcomed the move, saying it would benefit Melaka's future and political stability.
01:19What are you talking about?
01:23Deepakati Shifatji
01:24Kapatan
01:24Katsak
01:24Katsak
01:25Katsak
01:25Katsak
01:25Katsak
Comments

Recommended