Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 4 hours ago
The Election Commission said no by-elections will be held for the Pandan and Setiawangsa parliamentary seats following the resignations of Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli and Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad.

EC chairman Datuk Seri Ramlan Harun said Dewan Rakyat Speaker Tan Sri Johari Abdul had informed the commission that there is no constitutional requirement to fill the vacancies.

Read more at https://shorturl.at/7Muqg

WATCH MORE: https://thestartv.com/c/news
SUBSCRIBE: https://cutt.ly/TheStar
LIKE: https://fb.com/TheStarOnline

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:01Election Commission EC Chairman Datuk Sri Ramlan Haroon said no by-elections will be
00:07held for the Pandan and Setia Wangsa parliamentary seats.
00:12He said Dehwan Rakyat Speaker Tanshri Johari Abdul had informed the EC, pursuant to Article
00:1854, subsection 1 of the Federal Constitution, that there was no need to fill the casual
00:24vacancies.
00:24Ramlan said the Commission received Johari's letter, dated May 20, confirming the status
00:31of the vacancies, which arose after the seats were declared vacant under Article 51 of the
00:38Federal Constitution.
00:39Johari had earlier announced that the resignations of former Economy Minister Datuk Sri Rafizi Ramli
00:45and former Natural Resources and Environmental Sustainability Minister Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad took
00:52effect on Monday.
00:53Both resigned from PKR on May 17, stating that they would take over Parti Bersama Malaysia,
01:00Bersama, and launch a new third-force political movement.
01:04The following day, they resigned as Member of Parliament for Pandan and Setia Wangsa, respectively.
01:11They have also said they intend to contest the two seats under the Bersama banner in the
01:16next general election.
01:17Mandat yang kami menang di atas tiket PKR dan PH dahulu.
Comments

Recommended