Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 12 hours ago
Lebanese president vows to 'do the impossible' to end war with Israel as strikes continue despite ceasefire

On Monday, the Lebanese health ministry said the death toll from Israeli strikes since the start of the war had reached 3,020, with 211 people 18 and under and 116 healthcare workers among those killed.

READ MORE : http://www.euronews.com/2026/05/18/lebanese-president-vows-to-do-the-impossible-to-end-war-with-israel-as-strikes-continue-de

Subscribe to our channel. Euronews is available on Dailymotion in 12 languages
Transcript
00:02Lebanese President Joseph Aoun said on Monday he would do the impossible in order to stop the war
00:07with Israel, as strikes continued to batter the country despite a ceasefire.
00:13Aoun's comments came as the Israeli army carried out a series of strikes in southern Lebanon,
00:18while the Iran-backed armed group Hezbollah said it had struck a military target in northern Israel.
00:26Lebanon's health ministries said late on Sunday that seven people had been killed in Israeli strikes
00:30that day, including two children. While a ceasefire was announced on April 17th and was extended for
00:3845 days last week following U.S.-led talks, it has failed to stop the violence between Israel and
00:44Hezbollah, which have continued to launch strikes as they accuse each other of violating the agreement.
00:51Israel has also continued carrying out demolitions and issuing evacuation orders in the so-called
00:57Yellow Line, a swathe of southern Lebanon that Israeli forces have invaded and occupied,
01:02although officials have claimed Israel has no territorial ambitions there.
01:07On Monday, the Lebanese health ministry said the death toll from Israeli strikes since the start of
01:12the war had reached 3,020, with 211 people, 18 and under, and 116 health care workers among those killed.
Comments

Recommended