Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 2 minutes ago
A former Selangor Public Works Department (JKR) director told the High Court in Kuala Lumpur on Monday (Aug 17) that the department paid RM16.36mil to construction company Nepturis Sdn Bhd for the Klang Utara district police headquarters project between 2022 and 2023.

Lokman Nasir, 62, the 23rd prosecution witness in former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin’s Jana Wibawa graft trial, said the payments were made through eight transactions between May 17, 2022 and Feb 3, 2023.

Read more at https://tinyurl.com/5cr7ekne

WATCH MORE: https://thestartv.com/c/news
SUBSCRIBE: https://cutt.ly/TheStar
LIKE: https://fb.com/TheStarOnline

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:01A former Selangor Public Works Department, JKR Director, told the High Court in Kuala Lumpur
00:07on Monday that the department paid 16.36 million ringgit to construction company
00:14Nepturis Sendirian Berhad for the Klang Uttara District Police Headquarters project between
00:192022 and 2023. 62-year-old Lokman Nasir, who retired in April 2024, said that the payments
00:29were made through eight transactions between May 2022 and February 2023, and confirmed that the
00:35project was funded by the Home Ministry. The 23rd prosecution witness in former Prime Minister
00:42Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin's graft trial linked to the Jana Wibawa program also confirmed the payment
00:48vouchers shown to him in court and said there had been no breach of contract. Earlier, the court
00:54allowed the prosecution to amend the fourth charge against Muhyiddin to include KCJ Engineering
01:00Sendirian Berhad in the charge sheet, with no objection from the defence. 79-year-old Muhyiddin faces four
01:08charges of using his position as Prime Minister to obtain bribes totalling 225.3 million ringgit
01:16in connection with the Jana Wibawa program from four companies and an individual. The parties named in
01:22the charges are Bukhari Equity Sendirian Berhad, Nepturis Sendirian Berhad, Mamfor Sendirian Berhad,
01:29KCJ Engineering Sendirian Berhad and Datuk Azman Yusof. The alleged offences took place at the Prime
01:36Minister's office in Putrajaya between March 2020 and August 2021. Muhyiddin also faces three charges of
01:45receiving proceeds from unlawful activities totalling 200 million ringgit which were allegedly deposited
01:51into Bursatu's bank accounts between February 2021 and July 2022. The hearing continues on Tuesday.
02:00Tuesday
02:00know
02:01the
02:02the
02:03the
02:03the
02:03the
02:03the
02:03the
02:03the
02:10the
02:11You
Comments

Recommended