Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 7 weeks ago
The Daily Rundown December 23 —

1. Total of P20-M in cash turned over to DOJ by contractor Sally Santos
READ: https://mb.com.ph/2025/12/23/total-of-p20-m-in-cash-turned-over-to-doj-by-contractor-sally-santos

2. Ridon slams Leviste over lies, fake news about P150-M budget insertion claim
READ: https://mb.com.ph/2025/12/23/ridon-slams-leviste-over-lies-fake-news-about-p150-m-budget-insertion-claim

3. SC ruling on Kian delos Santos underscores need for Independent Truth Commission—Palace
READ: https://mb.com.ph/2025/12/23/sc-ruling-on-kian-delos-santos-underscores-need-for-independent-truth-commissionpalace

4. 'Amihan' weakens, easterlies prevail; no storm seen over Philippines— PAGASA
READ: https://mb.com.ph/2025/12/23/amihan-weakens-easterlies-prevail-no-storm-seen-over-philippines-pagasa

5. Thailand and Cambodia to resume ceasefire talks after deadly border clashes
READ: https://mb.com.ph/2025/12/23/thailand-and-cambodia-to-resume-ceasefire-talks-after-deadly-border-clashes

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:00Here's the top stories for December 23rd.
00:03Total of 20 million pesos in cash turned over to DOJ by contractor Sally Santos.
00:10Redawn slams leviste over lies and fake news about 150 million peso budget insertion claim.
00:17Supreme Court ruling on Kian de los Santos underscores need for independent truth commission.
00:22Palace says,
00:24A mihan weakens and easterlies prevail while no storm's seen over Philippines.
00:28Pagasa says,
00:30Thailand and Cambodia to resume ceasefire talks after deadly border clashes.
00:37A contractor who has been charged in ghost flood control projects in Bulacan
00:41has turned over 20 million pesos in cash to the Department of Justice.
00:46DOJ spokesperson Rafael Nicolo L. Martinez said that Sally Santos of Sims Construction Trading
00:52handed over 15 million pesos to the DOJ last Monday.
00:56In addition to the 5 million pesos she delivered last December 5th.
01:01The 20 million pesos had been deposited with the bank, he said.
01:05Martinez explained that the money Santos turned over was part of the restitution process under the memorandum of agreement she signed with the DOJ.
01:14The exchange between Bicol Saro Party List Representative Terry Redawn and Batanga's First District Representative Leandro Legarda Leviste
01:25has intensified over allegations of a 150 million peso budget insertion.
01:30In an interview, Redawn accused Leviste of lying and spreading fake news following the latter's earlier claim linking the alleged insertion to Redawn.
01:41Leviste later clarified that the allegation was not directed at Redawn personally, but at the Bicol Saro Party List,
01:48a claim Redawn dismissed as false and misleading.
01:54Malacanang said the Supreme Court's ruling that affirmed the conviction of three police officers for the killing of 17-year-old Kian de los Santos
02:01during an anti-drug operation in Caloacan in 2017 calls for the formation of an independent truth commission.
02:09Presidential Communications Office Secretary Dave Gomez said the development underscores the need to consider the formation of the commission
02:17to investigate more deeply the cases of extrajudicial killings.
02:23He also said they will need to review the Supreme Court's decision.
02:29With the Northeast Monsoon or Amihan weakening and easterlies prevailing across much of the country,
02:35PAGASA said no tropical cyclone or low-pressure area is being monitored inside or outside the Philippine area of responsibility.
02:44PAGASA weather specialist Chanel Dominguez said,
02:48We are still not monitoring any storm or low-pressure area inside or outside the Philippine area of responsibility.
02:55She noted that the Amihan affecting northern and central Luzon has weakened,
03:00resulting in the absence of a shear line over the country.
03:05Thailand and Cambodia will resume talks later this week to work toward a more durable ceasefire along their border,
03:12Thai Foreign Minister Sihasak Phwanket Kheow said Monday,
03:16stressing that progress depends on detailed bilateral negotiations rather than public declarations.
03:22Sihasak said the October ceasefire was rushed,
03:25so it could be witnessed by U.S. President Donald Trump and lacked sufficient details to ensure it would hold,
03:30noting this after an ASEAN foreign minister's meeting in Kuala Lumpur.
03:36He added that while Cambodia has publicly expressed readiness for an unconditional ceasefire,
03:41Thailand received no direct proposal and believes the statements were meant to increase international pressure
03:46rather than resolve the dispute.
03:48Stay updated with the latest news.
03:54Visit our website at www.mb.com.ph or follow us on social media.
04:00Thanks for tuning in to the Manila Bulletin Daily Rundown.
04:03Thanks for tuning in to the Manila Bulletin Daily Rundown.
Comments

Recommended