Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 7 months ago
Interior minister Liu Shyh-fang says her ministry will deploy more than 17,000 security personnel to end-of-year events following last week's mass stabbing attack in Taipei.
Transcript
00:00Taiwan's Interior Minister has pledged to boost security during the holiday season,
00:04following a mass stabbing and smoke bomb attack in central Taipei on Friday.
00:30The ministry has identified 137 major events where they plan to step up security.
00:37The attack last week left four people, including the attacker, dead and 11 injured.
00:42Liu says the ministry is also considering a rapid response testing system to warn nearby residents of danger,
00:48similar to natural disaster warning messages.
00:51Authorities are also investigating threatening online posts and messages left after the attack.
00:57Three people have already been arrested.
01:21You
Comments

Recommended