Skip to playerSkip to main contentSkip to footer
  • 6/24/2025
US President Donald Trump announced on Monday (June 23) a complete ceasefire between Israel and Iran, potentially ending the 12-day war.

But there was no confirmation from Israel and Iran's foreign minister said there would be no cessation of hostilities unless Israel stopped its attacks.

WATCH MORE: https://thestartv.com/c/news
SUBSCRIBE: https://cutt.ly/TheStar
LIKE: https://fb.com/TheStarOnline
Transcript
00:00Iran launched a missile strike on the U.S. Al-Udeid airbase in Qatar on Monday,
00:07prompting Qatar's air defenses to intercept several projectiles over Doha.
00:12The attack was retaliation for U.S. airstrikes on Iranian nuclear sites over the weekend,
00:17when it joined Israel's air war against Tehran.
00:21There were, however, no casualties, as Iran had informed both Washington and Qatari authorities
00:28through diplomatic channels hours before the strike.
00:32U.S. President Donald Trump, who had earlier hinted at the possible toppling of Iran's government,
00:37later announced on his Truth Social platform that there was a complete and total ceasefire between Israel and Iran.
00:45He congratulated the two countries on having the stamina, courage, and intelligence
00:51to end what he called the 12-Day War.
00:55However, Iran's Foreign Minister Seyyed Aragji said there was no ceasefire agreement with Israel,
01:01asserting that Israel started the war and no cessation of military operations had been reached.
01:08.
01:18.

Recommended