Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 17 hours ago
Hong Kong’s deadliest fire in nearly 80 years tears through a massive apartment complex on Wednesday, November 26, killing at least 128. 200 people are still missing.

Full story: https://www.rappler.com/world/asia-pacific/hong-kong-fire-updates-november-28-2025/

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:00Hong Kong's deadliest fire in nearly 80 years tears through a massive apartment complex on
00:06Wednesday, November 26, killing at least 128. 200 people are still missing. The A Tower estate,
00:13housing more than 4,600 people, had been undergoing renovations and was wrapped in
00:17bamboo scaffolding when the fire broke out. Soon after dawn on Friday, November 28, Hong Kong fire
00:23authorities said they had mostly contained the blaze. Police say they had already arrested three
00:28construction company officials on suspicion of manslaughter following the incident. This for
00:33allegedly using unsafe materials, including flammable foam boards that were blocking windows.
00:39Hong Kong's chief executive, John Lee, said the government would set up a
00:42$300 million Hong Kong fund to help residents affected by the incident.
Be the first to comment
Add your comment

Recommended