3 years ago497 views
How to use Photoshop to create a brushed metal text effect. This video shows you the specific steps needed to give text that brushed metallic look. This comprehensive video takes you step-by-step through the complete process from beginning images clear through to the final composite image.
After the project video I answer some common questions about the techniques I used in this video. This training demo was recorded in Photoshop CS6 but the techniques used will work just as well in Photoshop CS5 through the latest Photoshop CC.
Creating Brushed Metal Text in Photoshop is pretty straight forward but it does involve several specific steps and settings.
1. Create a new Photoshop File and start with a Black or Dark Gray background. This helps with the visual effect.
2. Select your type face, a bold flat face works best for this text effect
3. We will be filling the text so you can leave the text white
4. Using specific settings I show you how to use the Photoshop Fibers Filter to create the brushed metal surface
5. Use a Photoshop Clipping Mask to place the brushed metal inside of the text
6. The Photoshop Hue/Saturation Adjustment is used to colorize the metal look to give it a blue tint
7. Place a black fill layer above the text and paint white onto that layer where you want highlights
8. Using Photoshop Blending Modes blend the highlight layer into the text layer
The brushed metal surface used in this video is created directly inside of Photoshop.
You can get this Photoshop Project along with the other 11 Photoshop Text Projects in this set, plus 26 special videos not available on YouTube demonstrating the tools and techniques used in these projects at http://www.howtogurus.com/photoshopProjects-text1.htm
Become an Adobe Photoshop Expert. Here is what you will learn in this training set:
Photoshop Text Projects
▪ How to create Cartoony Text
▪ Making Chrome Text and Reflection
▪ How to put an Image in Text
▪ How to Make Glowing Text
▪ Creating a Text Logo in a Circular Path
▪ Using 3D Text on Surface
▪ How to Put Text in Perspective
▪ Make Carved Text in Surface
▪ Create Neon Text Signs
▪ How to put Text Inside Shapes
▪ Make Gold Text Effect
▪ Create the Text on Fire Effect
▪ How to make Metallic Text
▪ How to make Wood Text
Photoshop Tools and Techniques Training
▪ How to use Photoshop Layers - 6 videos
▪ How to use Transform Effects - 2 videos
▪ How to use Photoshop Type - 5 videos
▪ How to use Photoshop Tools - 5 videos
▪ How to use Adjustments and Selections - 2 videos
▪ How to use Photoshop Filters - 5 videos
Full description and screenshots at http://www.howtogurus.com/photoshopProjects-text1.htm
Embed the video
Embed the video