3 years ago1.2K views
Watch how to make Spicy Tomato Pickle, a traditional Indian pickle recipe by Anushruti.
Certain pickles have a certain season but as Tomato have no season, tomato pickle is something that you can have any time in the year, irrespective of the climate and season. Check out how Anushruti makes this mouth watering traditional pickle recipe only on Rajshri Food.
1 kg ( 10 medium sized) tomatoes
15 dry red chillies
5 green chilies (or use more for a spicier version)
1 1/2 to 2 tsp salt or to taste
4 tsp packed tamarind
125 ml (1/2 cup) sesame (til) oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/4 tsp asafetida, divinded
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi) (dry roasted for a few seconds and crushed)
- Wash tomatoes and cut into halves. Remove the eyes of the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a sauce pan and cook covered without any water until the skin starts to peel. Peel off the skin and place in a food processor or blender and grind to a puree. With the help of a soup strainer remove the seeds and keep aside.
- In the food processor or blender, place the red chili, green chili, 1/2 tsp salt and tamarind along with this tomato paste and blend again.
- In a heavy bottomed wok or kadhai, heat til oil and add mustard seeds. When they pop add 1/2 tsp asafetida or hing, turmeric powder and the ground paste and allow to cook on low heat, stirring in between so that it does not stick to the bottom of the wok or pan.
- When the pickle starts leaving oil add the roasted and crushed methi seeds and the remaining asafetida and salt.
- Allow to cool and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.
- P.S This pickle has a tendency to splutter and splash while cooking making it a messy affair. Using a thick bottomed vessel or pan and wearing gloves can help!
Host: Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Embed the video
Embed the video