The first cases of Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (often referred to as electro-hypersensitivity or even EHS) were studied in the 1970s and yet decades later few people are even aware of the condition. We living human beings are more than just flesh and blood; we are also a highly complex electromagnetic system. This also means that we interact with external electromagnetic radiation (EMR). But try switching off every single electrical device in your home and work and ponder on how dependent we now are on these devices. The problem is that no importance is given to how detrimental all this EMR is to human health.
Before we look at common symptoms of electro-hypersensitivity it is worth noting that there is usually one trigger event that then sets off a general reaction to further sources of electromagnetic frequencies (EMF). In the early days of studying this phenomenon the most common trigger was working with a new computer - more specifically a new monitor. People tend to sit much closer to a computer monitor than they ever would a TV set so that the EMR coming from the cathode ray tube (CRT) is also that much stronger. The phasing out of CRTs to be replaced by LCD and plasma screens is welcomed but even these new screens emit some radiation. However, at the same time we are seeing an explosion of pulsed EMF signals from mobile phone microwaves and various wireless protocols from Bluetooth through to Wifi and WiMax. Finding yourself very close to a cellphone base station can also be a trigger - and in a city this is very likely to happen without you even knowing about it!