Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 2 hours ago
The Education Ministry has left it to the state education authorities to take action on a 54-year-old male teacher who was arrested for allegedly assaulting a student and his mother at a school in Pasir Mas last week.

Read more at https://tinyurl.com/44aamyh2

WATCH MORE: https://thestartv.com/c/news
SUBSCRIBE: https://cutt.ly/TheStar
LIKE: https://fb.com/TheStarOnline

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:02After attending a ceremony to hand over a bus at SMK Agama Naim Lilbanat on Tuesday,
00:08Education Director General Datuk Dr. Muhammad Azam Ahmad said the Kelantan authorities will
00:13take action in an assault case involving a school teacher. He said he is confident that
00:18the State Education Department, District Education Office and the school will take action based on
00:23the regulations. He said he could not comment further as he had only just received the
00:30information about the case. On Wednesday, the police detained a 54-year-old male teacher
00:35suspected of hitting a 14-year-old student and slapping the student's mother in two separate
00:40incidents. They said they are investigating the case under the penal code for voluntarily
00:45causing hurt by means of a dangerous weapon or method. They said the first incident happened
00:50at a secondary school in Pasirmas on August 11th and then the student's mother confronted
00:55the teacher the following day but she was allegedly slapped by the teacher.
00:58Police said the teacher was held until August 15th to help with their investigation.
Comments

Recommended