In this video I talk about how you can block or hotlist your credit card from your net banking account in case your card is lost or stolen or you see unauthorized transactions on it?
Some things that you should know are as follows:
1. You need to search for Credit Card Hotlisting or Block Credit Card option after logging in to your net banking account or credit card portal. If you don't have access to net banking or credit card portal, then you need to contact your bank's credit card customer care or Phone banking number immediately. After proper verification that you are the legit holder of your credit card, they will temporarily or permanently block your card.
2. You need to clearly state/select the reason (lost/stolen/unauthorized transactions) regarding why you'd like to block your credit card? If you see unauthorized transactions (not done by you) then immediately contact your bank and ask them to PERMANENTLY block your credit card and if possible, REVERSE the money that was debited from your card without authorization.
The bank may ask you to provide them with following information:
* Credit card number
* Type of transaction (online or offline)
* Date of transaction
* Transaction amount
If you or your bank PERMANENTLY blocks your credit card, then request your bank to reissue you a brand new credit card with new 16 digits card number. Also ask them whether you are required to pay any reissue fee/charges to them?
3. In case your PAN details are not updated with the bank, then your request shall not be processed.
4. Once your credit card has been successfully hotlisted and bank has promised you to issue you a new credit card, you need to destroy your hotlisted credit card by cutting it into 4 pieces.
5. In case you have any more query or doubt then you need to contact your bank.