The locomotive no. 490 was constructed by the American Locomotive Company (ALCO) for the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway (C&O) in 1926. This great steam locomotive was used on passenger trains on the mainline east of Charlottesville and west of Clifton Forge. In 1930, locomotive no. 490 was assigned to the so-called Sportsman train, the premier C&O passenger train at the time. Later, the locomotive operated between the Cincinnati and Washington route. After World War II Chesapeake & Ohio Railway decided to upgrade their passenger service. They rebuilt the locomotive no. 490 from 4-6-2 into 4-6-4 type locomotive. And they gave them the name Hudson. The new Hudson locomotive had roller bearings, front-end throttle, high-speed booster, cross counterbalance, and the Franklin system of steam distribution. This video is representing a prototype of Hudson locomotive no. 490 in 1:32 scale Live Steam made by Bowande.