3 years ago4 views
Out of an abundance of caution after an E. coli scare, Chipotle has temporarily closed dozens of its restaurants in Washington and Oregon. The Washington State Department of Health said no one has died in the reported cases of infection. Chris Collins of Portland, Oregon, went to an urgent care center two days after eating at a Chipotle restaurant. The department said the source of contamination has yet to be exactly determined. 19 cases in Washington and three cases in Oregon have been linked to a handful of locations of the Mexican-themed restaurant chain. according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, fever is usually low, if at all present. E. coli bacteria are commonly found in human and animal intestines and are a key component of healthy digestion.