- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL: http://blrrm.tv/DailyMotion
- And go to boilerroom.tv for the best of underground music: videos, articles, mixes and exclusive tracks
Our second On-U Debut of the year comes via another excellent retrospective round-up, this time with the added bonus of Trevor Jackson personally rifling through the archives for the deepest of deep cuts. Science Fiction Dancehall Classics clocks in at a monumental 143 minutes, running the gamut from bright funk to a pair of tracks about drilling equipment (genuinely). It features no actual dancehall, but does come stacked with early experiments and rarities from the likes of Neneh Cherry, Atmosfear and about a dozen or so Adrian Sherwood aliases ? of which The Circuit is one.
The 30 year old "Loudspeaker" comes from a thrillingly fertile, open-ended period in UK music, capturing the spirit of the era well. Kicking off with the kind of stuttering hook a Paul's Boutique track could be built out of a few years later, the track incorporates chintzy synth work, dub sensibilities, scratchy messthetics and proto-rap juggling and scratching. It's clangorous, but also surprisingly carefree; a true metal dance.
Get October 2nd down in the diary.
- FIND US HERE, TOO:
- FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/boilerroom.tv
- TWITTER: http://twitter.com/boilerroomtv
- SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/platform
- INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/boilerroomtv
- SNAPCHAT: boilerroomtv
- YOUTUBE: http://blrrm.tv/YouTube