(from Renault Press Release) The limited-edition Renault Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy: order books now open in France
Following its unveiling at the Geneva Motor Show on March 3, the limited-edition Renault Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is now available for sale in France where its price stands at €28,900, inclusive of value-added tax.
Compared with the Clio R.S. 200 EDC, the new limited-edition version features a more powerful engine (20 extra horsepower, plus up to 40Nm more torque), a sportier chassis and refined EDC transmission. The limited-edition Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is available with a new body colour and comes with new 18-inch wheels, unprecedented sports seats and carbon-look interior trim details.
1. A Clio R.S. that’s even more potent in every domain
- Compared with the Clio R.S. 200 EDC, the engine of this limited-edition version has 10 percent more power and up to an extra 40Nm of torque thanks to new engine mapping, a larger turbo, an intake system designed to minimise back pressure losses and a revised exhaust system to accommodate a Euro6 catalytic converter.
- Maximum power has been increased to 220hp at 6,050rpm.
- Maximum torque rises to 260Nm (a gain of 20Nm), although 280Nm is possible thanks to a ‘torque boost’ function in fourth and fifth gears.
- The CO2 emissions of the Trophy limited-edition version have been homologated at 135g/km*, equivalent to combined-cycle fuel consumption of 5.9 litres/100km. Following the switch to Euro6 legislation, the same figure for the Clio R.S. 200 EDC has risen to 133g/km (an increase of 11g/km compared with the figure announced at the time of the car’s launch in 2013).
- The car’s EDC transmission has been revised to achieve gear changes that are up to 30 percent faster:
- Down changes are more rapid thanks notably to reduced steering wheel paddle travel,
- There is now greater flexibility in ‘Sport’ mode to combine driving in built-up areas and out of town,
- The Stop&Start system works in ‘Normal’ mode but is disconnected in ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ modes,
The chassis of the limited-edition Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy has been lowered and stiffened.
- The car sits 20mm lower at the front and 10mm lower at the rear (unladen). Stiffer dampers have been fitted and are coupled with hydraulic bump stops.
- Ultra-quick steering: a new, faster rack (ratio reduced by 10 percent from 14.5:1 to 13.2:1) makes steering even more precise and direct.
- The limited-edition Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is fitted with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres (205/40R18).
2. Seductive appeal and recognisable at a glance
- The Trophy limited-edition version of the Clio R.S. 220 EDC stands out thanks to the following features:
- A distinctive new matt body colour: Pearlescent Givre (optional, matched with a gloss black roof). Other available colours are Glacier White, Deep Black, Flamme Red and Sirius Yellow,
- 18-inch black diamond-effect Radical wheels,
- Trophy badging on the front spoiler, door trims and individually numbered door sills.
The limited-edition version’s equipment package is sure to satisfy enthusiasts:
- Embossed leather-trimmed steering wheel,
- Exclusive styling: heated leather sports seats with integral head rests and carbon-look air vent surrounds and door trims. The gear lever base plate and air-vent inserts are finished in satin-effect chrome instead of anodised red,
- The limited-edition Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy can be ordered with the optional R.S. Monitor on-board telemetry system. Potent and fun, the system features a function that provides five different levels of throttle pedal sensitivity.
The Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is a numbered limited edition that delivers great value for money in performance terms (220hp for less than €29,000). It targets exacting customers such as track day enthusiasts and those who appreciate Renault Sport unrivalled expertise.
* Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures homologated in accordance with applicable legislation.
Limited-edition Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy prices (in France)
Limited-edition CLIO R.S. 220 EDC Trophy €28,900
Reversing camera €450
European mapping €120
R.S. Monitor 2.0 €250
Metallic paint €520
Special metallic paint €620
Special Sirius Yellow paint €1,600
Special two-tone Pearlescent Givre matt finish with gloss black roof €1,800
Find us on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carwp/505636076134244
Royalty Free Music by http://audiomicro.com/royalty-free-music
Sound Effects by http://audiomicro.com/sound-effects