Quick Veg Biryani - Indian Rice Recipe by Ruchi Bharani [HD]
2 & 1/2 cups boiled rice
1/2 green capsicum cut lengthwise
1 onion cut lengthwise
1/2 tomato deseeded and chopped
1 cup boiled vegetables
1 tbsp. curd/ yogurt
1 tsp. biryani masala
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. garlic paste
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. kashmiri red chilli powder
1 piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
cottage cheese (paneer) for garnishing (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a pan. Add onions, cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaf. Cook till onions turn brown.
- Add garlic paste, capsicum and tomatoes. Cook well for 1-2 min.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp. curd, 1 tsp. biryani masala and 1 tsp. kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Add the curd mixture to the onions. Cook for a minute. Throw in some coriander leaves. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add the boiled rice and vegetables (french beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas and potatoes) Mix well.
- Add salt as per taste and 2-3 tbsp. water.
- Cover and let it simmer for 2-3 min.
- Garnish with grated paneer (cottage cheese) & coriander leaves. Serve hot.