Rasam - South Indian Lentil Soup by Annuradha Toshniwal - Vegetarian [HD]
1/2 cup pigeon peas
5 cups water
1 large tomato finely chopped
5 cloves garlic - optional
1 tbsp. tamarind juice
1 green chilli finely chopped
1 tsp. roasted cumin powder
1 tsp. black pepper powder
1 tsp. oil
1 tsp. mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
1 whole red chilli
Fresh coriander leaves - chopped
- Cook the dal in water (for 3-4 whistles in a pressure cooker or in a pot till very soft) .
- Hand churn to blend. Add all the remaining ingredients.
- In a round bottom pan, heat oil. Add the tempering ingredients. Let them splutter.
- Add to the dal mixture. Boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.