Steamed Muthia - Gujarati Snack Recipe by Annuradha Toshniwal - Vegetarian [HD]
flour mixture - (3 cups rice flour + 1/4 cup chickpea flour (besan) + 3/4 cups ground pigeon peas (tur dal)
2 cups grated white gourd
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. green chilli & ginger paste
salt to taste
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 lemon juice
tempering ingredients - (mustard seeds, green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves)
- Start the steamer. Put the flour mixture on a large rimmed plate.
- Add all the ingredients except for soda, lime juice and white gourd. Mix well.
- Gently add the grated white gourd to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Put 1 tsp baking soda on top of the mixture, in one place. Squeeze lime juice over it. It will bubble up.
- Gently mix everything together. Make into rolls.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes till dry to the touch.
- Remove, cool and slice. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add the tempering ingredients. Heat till they splutter.
- Add the muthia slices. Mix and coat well.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Serve with green chutney.