Dum Aloo - Potato Gravy Vegetable Recipe by Ruchi Bharani - Vegetarian [HD]
250 gms. potatoes soaked in water
3 tomatoes boiled and pureed
2 small onions roughly chopped
3 green chillies chopped
1 & 1/2 tbsp. cashew nuts soaked in water
1 & 1/2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. curd (yogurt)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. red chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tsp. garam masala
3-4 garlic cloves
1 big piece ginger
3 pieces of cloves
3 pieces of cinnamon
- Onion paste - Add chopped onions, garlic, green chillies & ginger into a mixer and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Cashew Nuts Paste - Grind 1 & 1/2 tbsp. soaked cashew nuts well into a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 & 1/2 tbsp. butter in a round bottom pan. Add in cinnamon, clove and cardamom.
- After 30-40 sec, add onion paste. Saute this well for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the onion paste dries up and darkens in colour, add cashew paste. Cook it for a minute.
- Add tomato puree. Stir well.
- Add garam masala, red chilli powder, salt, sugar and curd (yogurt).
- Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps of curd (yogurt)
- Cook this gravy for 4-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Add water if required.
- Mix well and cover the mixture. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, cover the pan and let the gravy simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lemon wedge and onion rings.
- Serve hot with roti, chapati or bread.
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/1145884878955..