A very personal tribute to my favorite romantic couples in period dramas:
- Winona Ryder as Jo and Gabriel Byrne as Friedrich in "Little Women" by Gillian Armstrong (1994)
- Kate Winslet as Marianne and Alan Rickman as Col. Brandon in "Sense and sensibility" by Ang Lee (1995)
- Charlotte Gainsbourg as Jane and William Hurt as Rochester in "Jane Eyre" by Franco Zeffireli (1996)
- Keira Knightley as Elizabeth and Matthew Macfadyen as Darcy in "Pride and prejudice" by Joe Wright (2005)
Music tracks used (in order of appearance):
• "The secret life of daydreams" by Dario Marianelli, extracted from "Pride and prejudice".
• "The Laurence boy" by Thomas Newman, extracted from "Little women".
• "Jane and Rochester" by Alessio Vlad and Claudio Capponi, extracted from "Jane Eyre".
• "Under the umbrella (End credits)" by Thomas Newman, extracted from "Little women".
Special thanks to Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott and Charlotte Brontë for their beautiful novels (I'm aware that Jane Austen's stories were set in the last decade of the 18th century and not in the 19th, but I hope you'll forgive that little technicallity).