Advertising Console

    Man Believed to Die From Spontaneous Combustion

    Geo Beats

    by Geo Beats

    Authorities believe an Oklahoma man died from spontaneous human combustion.

    Police in Oklahoma are investigating the circumstances of a 65-year-old man’s death.

    Danny Vanzandt was found deceased by family members in his home. The Sheriff reports ‘The body was burned and it was incinerated’, and explains the fire was low heat and neither the surrounding furnishings nor the home were damaged. (1,9,1)

    The sheriff believes the man may have passed away from a rare case of spontaneous human combustion. He was a regular smoker and drinker. (1,11,1)

    Although the official autopsy results are still pending, the Sheriff states “I think there's only about 200 cases worldwide and I'm not saying that this has happened I'm just saying that we haven't ruled it out.” (1,7,1)

    In 2011, an Irish pensioner was discovered dead in his home. A coroner concluded that the 76-year-old man died of spontaneous human combustion. (2,2,1)
    The only fire damage was on the body, the floor below and the ceiling above the victim. The coroner states “This fire was thoroughly investigated and I'm left with the conclusion that this fits into the category of spontaneous human combustion, for which there is no adequate explanation.” (2, last)