Toddler Swallows 42 Magnets

This video has been age-restricted based on our Community Guidelines

Geo Beats
2.2K
795 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
A toddler is hospitalized after swallowing 42 magnets.

Toddlers get their hands on every little thing within their reach. Recently, a woman in Russia took her 12-month-old child to the hospital when she discovered that all of the fridge magnets had disappeared.

The terrified mom feared that the little boy had swallowed them. She was right. An ultrasound scan found that 42 magnets were in the toddler’s digestive system and doctors were forced to take action.

The chief pediatric surgeon stated “Over the years, I had to take a variety of foreign bodies including magnets from young patients. Once I removed about 20 of them, but this incident of our little patient has broken all records.”

Last year, a 3-year-old child swallowed 37 Buckyball magnets.

Doctors initially thought that the female child had swallowed a bracelet. A nurse at the children’s hospital claimed that the magnets had stuck together while inside of the girl’s intestine.

They tore holes in the child’s stomach and lower intestine. Fortunately, she was expected to make a complete recovery

0 comments