Law Firm Website Visibility (Websites, SEO & Social Media): http://ow.ly/gki9o
Did you know lawyers can use social media to get new clients? Larry Bodine, Editor in Chief of Lawyers.com and Martindale.com co-hosted this recent webinar for LexisNexis with Stephen Fairley, CEO of The Rainmaker Institute.
In this segment they focus on strategies and methods that take into consideration ABA Model Rules 7.1 (communications concerning a lawyer's services) and 7.2, advertising. You'll also find critical questions to answer before you begin Tweeting and making Facebook updates, such as:
1) In which areas of practice do I want to be known?
2) In what geographies do I want to compete for business?
3) Do I have time to learn and set up my social media platform?
4) How much time will I be able to devote to blogging?
Next you'll learn a few best practices that can make you much more effective with social media.
1) Create a "To Do" list to keep yourself on track, put tasks in your calendar
2) Use your posts to update, educate and stay in touch -- not to market
3) Focus on your content on the areas of law you practice
4) Write about the challenges facing your clients and potential clients
5) Use images, not just text
There's much more practical, usable information packed into this 15-minute webinar. Watch, learn and use it for your law firm.