Advertising Console

    Dog Requires Surgery After Eating Christmas Lights

    Repost
    Geo Beats

    by Geo Beats

    3.3K
    198 views
    A dog requires surgery after eating Christmas lights.

    Dogs and Christmas lights are not a good combination. However, one dog managed to get a little too close to the festive décor in his owner’s home.

    A 7-year-old crossbreed name Charlie in Southampton, United Kingdom managed to swallow some Christmas fairy lights. Charlie’s owner noticed something was wrong when she saw pieces of wire in the dog’s excrement.

    Charlie was taken to a veterinary facility and an X-ray revealed the cause. The tangled wires could have been fatal, but veterinarians were able to remove them.

    A shoelace was also taken out of the dog’s stomach during the operation. Charlie had recovered but apparently has a history of getting into things. He required surgery in the past for eating his owner’s scarf.

    The holiday season poses a long list of threats to domestic animals. The American Kennel Club warns dog owners to avoid using popcorn or cranberry strands in decorations, as they can easily cause blockages in canine friends.

    Ornaments along with wires and lights should be placed higher up so dogs cannot easily reach them. Also plants such as real poinsettias, mistletoe and holly should be avoided as they are poisonous to pooches.