Toddler Served Whisky at Restaurant During His Birthday Party

Geo Beats

by Geo Beats

A restaurant mistakenly serves booze instead of juice to a 2-year-old little boy.

A two year old celebrated his birthday in the emergency room after being served whiskey at a local family restaurant.

According to Nina Rees, the toddler’s mother, the family went to a Frankie & Benny’s restaurant in the UK and she ordered the birthday boy his favorite drink, lime juice and water.

After finishing their first course of food, the parents began to notice that Sonny was making faces when taking sips from his glass. Nina grabbed the drink and took a sip herself.

She says, "It was whisky, I would say a double. As soon as I sipped it I had the slight burny feeling in my throat and warming in my chest.” She estimates that her son had probably already taken 10 sips of the whiskey.

Immediately taken to a local hospital where staff monitored the intoxicated child while he slept, Sonny was then given a clean bill of health and released.

Frankie & Benny’s restaurant is investigating the incident and says, "The company is incredibly sorry for what happened. It was a human error and we are putting measures in place to ensure it never happens again."