This video shows you how you can design and create stunning looking Passbook Passes using Adobe's Kuler tool with the PassK.it Pass Designer
Simply follow the video / these instructions:
1. If you don't have an account already, register with Adobe Kuler at kuler.adobe.com (it's free)
2. Sign in to your account
3. Click on Create in the left hand column
4. Make sure 'From an Image' is highlighted in the upper left
5. Click Upload (below the photo) and upload the image you want to use on your Passbook Pass
6. Choose the mood you want from the left (colorful, bright, muted, deep, dark) and the 5 color pallette will change
7. When you are happy with the mood, save the Theme
8. With your theme selected click on the button to view the color values
9. Copy 3 of the color Hex values into Pass Designer in the Color and Images tab (and try out the best combination)
10. Once you are happy with the general combination you can make fine adjustments with the sliders in Pass Designer.
That's it! Simple as that.
- PassDesigner is the only online WYSIWYG interface for designing and creating Apple® Passbook Passes Passbook Passes
- PassKit will be available to everyone after iOS6 launch
- This video demonstrates how you can use Adobe Kuler as a way to help choose complementary colors to your image when designing a Passbook Pass. It does not cover all the features of PassDesigner.
- Other instructional videos can be found at youtube.com/PassKit
- For more information visit PassKit.com or for up to the minute product and service availability follow on Twitter @twitter.com/passk_it
- Passbook is a native application of iOS6 and a Registered Trademark of Apple Inc.
- Adobe Kuler is an internet application from Adobe® Systems that lets individuals try out, create and save various colour schemes, each of which consists of a set of five colours
- PassDesigner, PassKit API and PassKit.com website are owned by & copyright of Anatta Ltd. who are in no way endorsed by or connected with Apple Inc. or Adobe Systems.
- At time of video production, iOS6 and Passkit are still in Beta and as such functionality and features may change and service performance is not guaranteed.