A three day period of mourning has been declared in the city of Perm (Пермь) after the nightclub fire which claimed the lives of over 100 people. Authorities say it was most likely caused by an indoor fireworks display that went wrong. The fire started at around 1 am local time as more than 200 people gathered to celebrate the club's eighth anniversary. Most victims are said to have died from smoke inhalation, severe burns and during the ensuing crush as people fought to escape. The night club has been almost completely burned out.