5 Strange Ben & Jerry's Flavors That Were Discontinued - as part of the news series by GeoBeats.
Ben & Jerry’s has created hundreds of flavors over the years. Some do not make it whether due to unpopularity or because it is just too expensive or complicated to produce. Here are 5 of the strangest that have ended up in their Flavor Graveyard.
1. Schweddy Balls: Inspired by the famous Saturday Night Live skit with Alec Baldwin. Vanilla Ice Cream with a Hint of Rum and Loaded with Fudge Covered Rum and Malt Balls.
2. Cool Britannia: Vanilla ice cream striped like the Union Jack with strawberries and fudge-covered shortbread. Perhaps they should have brought it back for the Summer Olympics!
3. From Russia with Buzz: A highly caffeinated concoction with regular and dark coffee ice cream, coffee liqueur and espresso fudge chips.
4. Black & Tan: Just like the beer. In honor of a favorite American drink but not without Irish controversy - Cream Stout Ice Cream Swirled with Chocolate Ice Cream
5. Makin’ Whoopie Pie: A delicious New England tradition that ran its course - chocolate ice cream and marshmallows with devil’s food cookies.
What would be your dream Ben & Jerry's flavor?