Advertising Console

    Man Sets House on Fire While Getting Rid of Spider Webs

    Repost
    Geo Beats

    by Geo Beats

    3.5K
    69 views
    Man Sets House on Fire While Getting Rid of Spider Webs - as part of the news series by GeoBeats.

    Removing bugs around the house may sound like a simple task, but recent news headlines show an overwhelming amount of these projects turning into home fires. A Chico, California man used a blowtorch, filled with propane to remove spider webs in his backyard. That's when some dry plants caught fire, causing part of his attic to become engulfed in flames. Fire officials were able to extinguish the fire, cutting a hole in the roof to prevent the flames from spreading, but the estimated losses totaled over $25,000. Although there were no injuries, the family is without homeowners insurance and was forced to leave the home due to damaged electrical wiring.

    In June, 2012, a Kentucky woman poured excessive amounts of alcohol on her couch to kill bed bugs and accidentally dropped a lit cigarette igniting the couch; the flames spread throughout her apartment and even neighbors’ homes. Fire personnel spent hours evacuating and trying to put out the massive fire. Although, there were no fatalities, four people were sent to the hospital due to smoke inhalation and about 30 people lost their homes.