Woman Causes Huge Fire Trying to Remove Bedbugs

Try Our New Player
Geo Beats
2.1K
79 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
Woman Causes Huge Fire Trying to Remove Bedbugs - as part of the news series by GeoBeats.

If you want to get rid of bedbugs, you really should seek a professional. A Kentucky woman poured excessive amounts of alcohol on her couch to kill the bugs and accidentally dropped a lit cigarette igniting the couch; the flames spread throughout her apartment and even neighbors’ homes. Fire officials from different counties spent hours evacuating and trying to put out the massive fire. There were no fatalities, but four people were sent to the hospital due to smoke inhalation and about 30 people lost their homes.

In a similar incident, two Indianapolis men attempted to rid bedbugs themselves by removing contaminated furniture pieces, piling them up in the yard and lighting them on fire. However, the furniture was in close proximity to the home, causing the house to catch fire and resulting in approximately $15,000 in damages. Several years ago, a Lexington woman tried to rid her home of the pesky bugs by using a camping grill to heat up the bedroom to 95 degrees causing the room to catch fire. Luckily the damage was contained but the bedbugs were still an issue.

Have you ever had bedugs? How did you deal with them?

0 comments