Do you want to remove all your recent searches?

All recent searches will be deleted

Like
Watch Later
Share
Add to

Woman Accidentally Swallows a Toothbrush

6 years ago106 views

GeoBeats

Geo Beats

Woman Accidentally Swallows a Toothbrush - as part of the news series by GeoBeats.

How much attention do we really pay when brushing our teeth? Well, it may not just be about protecting our teeth.

According to Ynetnews, while brushing her teeth, an Israeli woman bent over the sink and accidentally swallowed her entire toothbrush. When she went to the hospital to get help, the doctors gave the woman an x-ray but weren’t able to see the toothbrush and she was sent home. The woman was still in pain the next day, and decided to go to a different hospital where after a CT scan, the doctors were able to safely remove the toothbrush from her stomach.

In a similar bizarre case, as reported by the British Medical Journal, a 76 year old woman had swallowed a pen 25 years prior and showed no symptoms as a result of that pen being there for so long. Remarkably, the pen still worked after extraction..

Another woman has been awarded 2 and a half million dollars after undergoing 11 surgeries and over a month of hospitalization to remove a chicken bone that was lodged in her throat from eating a barbeque chicken pizza.

Report this video

Select an issue

Embed the video

Woman Accidentally Swallows a Toothbrush
Autoplay
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xr01dx" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay"></iframe>
Add the video to your site with the embed code above