Norway Shooting Spree Survivors See Breivik in Court

Try Our New Player
NTDTelevision
828
122 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
For more news and videos visit ➡ ‪http://english.ntdtv.com‬
Follow us on Twitter ➡ ‪http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision‬
Add us on Facebook ➡ ‪http://on.fb.me/s5KV2C

Survivors of the Utoeya attack in Norway see mass killer Anders Behring Breivik in court and try and get closure. Breivik appeared arrogant and unrepentant and seemed to enjoy the attention.

Survivors of the Utoeya attack say on Monday they attended Norwegian mass killer, Anders Behring Breivik's remand hearing to get closure.

In Norway's worst attacks since World War Two, Breivik killed 77 people in July last year by bombing central Oslo and then gunning down dozens of mostly teenagers at a summer camp of the ruling Labour Party's youth wing on Utoeya island.

Eighteen-year-old Anette Davidsen survived the Utoeya attack.

[Anette Davidsen, Attack Survivor]:
"It was very important for me to see that he cannot hurt me anymore. That he's not dangerous the way he was on July 22. Then I can take move forward."

Davidsen said Breivik looked arrogant as he entered the court room.

[Anette Davidsen, Attack Survivor]:
"He was very arrogant and that was hard for me because judging by the way he looked when he came in, I don't think he regrets what he has done."

The 32-year-old has admitted detonating a fertilizer bomb at a government building in Oslo, and hours later, committing a shooting spree at Utoeya. But he has pleaded not guilty.

Helene Georgsen, 17, also survived the attack and she said seeing him was important.

[Helene Georgsen, Attack Survivor]:
"It was very important to me because I needed to get closure and just to realize that he's not able to do any of that ever again."

Breivik has been kept in solitary confinement since July 22 and his trial is scheduled to start on April 16.

0 comments