Find the 3 basic aerobatic manœuvres.
First view shows the instrument panel and controls. Second view shows only the G-Meter. Third view shows only the Air Speed Indicator. By “Basic Manoeuvre” we include: Loop, Quarter clover rolling, Barrel roll, Aileron roll, Stall turn, Half Cuban eight, Half roll off the top, Slow roll, Spin.
Video speed is in real time. Aircraft is a Slingsby T67M.
Winners BravoTwo video quiz-in order of reception of answers:
- Mathias “piggy” through the French forum “le forum des pilotes privés”.
- Bucko44 through our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=-EsN1JdJZnA&email=comment_received
- Jihef through the French forum “Jeunes Ailes”: http://www.jeunes-ailes.org/t8576-1min-video-quizz#104936
1) ENG:Aileron Roll/Slow roll. FR: Tonneau/Tonneau lent. Both answers are acceptable as in the Slingsby, all rolls are “slow”. It couldn’t have been a quarter clover rolling. Clues available: position of the sun at the end of the manoeuvre (still on the left hand side), rudder pedal work.
2) ENG:Loop. FR:Boucle. It couldn’t have been a stall turn. Clue: The load factor stays longer at 4g during a loop than during a stall turn, in a stall turn you aren’t going that much negative at the top of the manoeuvre.
3) ENG:Stall turn. FR:Renversement. It couldn’t have been a tail slide. Clue available: sound of engine. It couldn’t have been a half Cuban height. Clue: airspeed doesn’t go so low in a half Cuban height (otherwise in a Slingsby, it flicks by itself).