Audet's Blue Spruce Farm

Try Our New Player
3BL Media
48
87 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
Blue Spruce Farm has been in operation for more than half a century. In 1958, Norman and Mary-Rose Audet were married and established their farm in Bridport, VT. They soon began raising a family of five, who would follow in their parents’ footsteps to work the 3,000-acre piece of land with views of the Green Mountains to the east, and the Adirondacks to the west.

This family farm has become a national leader in both recycling and bioenergy. Working with Central Vermont Public Service Company (CVPS), Blue Spruce Farm was the pilot farm for CVPS’s “Cow Power” system. This process turns cow waste into energy, allowing the farm to provide more than 300 local Vermont families with electricity.

In 2007, CVPS and the Audet Family received the Vermont Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence for their work in renewable energy. Blue Spruce Farm was also featured on Planet Green's television series, Dean of Invention, in an episode about renewable energy from animal an

0 comments