7 years ago14 views
Join an exclusive University of Liverpool webinar on November 8 featuring guest speaker Dr. John Ashton C.B.E., Director of Public Health and County Medical Officer, NHS Cumbria from the UK.
Dr. Ashton will discuss the topical issue of disaster management, and share his perspectives on “disaster preparedness and the public health agenda” – an area covered in the online MPH programme, and elective module International Disaster Management.
This topical webinar will explore:
• The role of public health in disaster management
• The current responses to disaster preparedness
• The need for a multidisciplinary and multiagency approach to disaster preparedness in a global and local context
• Community impact of disasters, critical, and major incidents; and the subsequent recovery phase
• How contingency planning and disaster preparedness has evolved; and how can we learn from our experiences.
The webinar will also involve a Q&A session at the end of the presentation when you can put questions to Dr. Ashton.
Registration for the webinar is free; to register