6 years ago916 views
We run testing workshops. check out www.time2test.co.uk
1. in this video , we are going to record a Selenium IDE script and change it into JAVA code and then run on the TestNG Framework
2. OPen up Selenium IDE
3. click on Red Record BUtton to record a script
4. navigate to foundation.time2test.co.uk
5. Login using admin/time4test
6. Click on "add new"
7. Enter Title for post and click publish
8. Save the test case as "quicktest.html"
9. Now convert the .html into JAVA format
10. in Selenium IDE , goto File->Export Test Case As...->TestNG (remote Control)
11. Save the file as "quictest.java"
12. We have already created a Project Directory based on TestNG framework
Single.xml - contains xml entry to quicktest.java
selenium jar files
Quicktest.java - pre-created test framework
build properties file - contains ws.home
13. Now copy the test method in the recorded/converted script into \test\quicktest.java
14. now open single.xml and ensure that class name and method name as per the java file
15. Now open build.xml and match up the target name
16. Start the selenium server
17. open up new command prompt
18. cd d:\TestNgProject\
19. enter command >ant single
20. notice the selenium script execute
21. Goto Test-output directory
22. open up the results file
23. Green indicates that the script ran successfully.