Advertising Console

    Typhoon Nesat Lashes Southern China, Forces Thousands to Evacuate


    by NTDTelevision

    For more news visit ☛
    Follow us on Twitter ☛
    Add us on Facebook ☛

    Typhoon Nesat strikes southern China, wreaking havoc and bringing heavy downpours. According to Chinese state media, thousands were forced to flee from their homes.

    Typhoon Nesat has struck southern China after sweeping past Hong Kong Thursday, with winds as high as 94 miles an hour.

    The state-controlled Xinhua News Agency says local authorities recalled ships and postponed flights and ferry services to get ready for the typhoon.

    Nesat struck the Philippines earlier this week, leaving at least 39 people dead and 31 missing.

    It brought heavy rain and strong winds to the resort island of Hainan, as well as Guangdong and Guangxi provinces—forcing about 400,000 people to evacuate.

    Nesat is the 17th and strongest typhoon to strike China this year.

    Chinese state media Xinhua says about four million people in three provinces have been affected. The typhoon has destroyed thousands of homes—causing severe financial losses.

    Meteorologists predict that Nesat will sweep northwest on Friday towards Guangxi Province and then Vietnam.