- Visit for more information on Santa Marta, Colombia.
Santa Marta, founded in 1525, is America’s oldest city and the capital city of Magdalena, Columbia. The city, located between the Santa Marta Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, is an important port and a popular tourist destination due to its beaches, nature reserves, history and colonial architecture. It is also known as the sister city of Miami Beach.
What to see / do
• El Rodadero Beach
• Mamancana Natural Reserve
• Museo del Oro – Displaying a collection of precolumbian pottery
• Rodadero Sea Aquarium & Museum
• San Fernando Fort
• Santa Marta Cathedral
• Simon Bolivar's place of death – Beautiful gardens and historic buildings
• Tyrona National Park
• The Festival of the Sea (Las Fiestas del Mar)