Hello! Welcome to Vnews and here are the headlines:
1. The National Assembly held a plenary session on the morning of August 5 to discuss the promulgation of additional solutions on tax in a bid to remove difficulties for businesses and promote economic development.
2. Charge d’affaires of the Swiss Embassy Mr. Henrik Gorbow has affirmed that Sweden will not shut down its embassy in Vietnam.
3. Regarding this issue, Foreign Ministry’s Spokeswoman Nguyen Phuong Nga said on August 4 that Vietnam welcomes the Swedish Government’s decision to maintain its embassy in Hanoi.
While answering reporters’ questions, the spokeswoman said Vietnam believes the embassy would make positive contributions to promoting bilateral relations.
Vietnam always advocates enhancing and deepening its traditional friendly and cooperative relations with Sweden, which have been upheld and developed by generations of Vietnamese and Swiss leaders and peoples in the past years.
4. Nearly 150 photos highlighting the relationship between Vietnam and Thailand are displayed at an exhibition that opened at the Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi on August 4.
5. Moving to socio-economic news.
Vietnam earned around 500 million USD from the export of aquatic products in July, bringing the export turnover in the first seven months to 3.1 billion USD, a year-on-year rise of 24.8 percent.
6. The Ministry of Industry and Trade has reported Vietnam’s index of industrial production in July increased by 6.1 percent as compared with the previous month, the highest growth since the beginning of the year.
7. The images of the land, people, handicraft products and specialities of Vietnam are being introduced for the first time at the Summer Fortezza Fair in the Italian city of Florence.8. President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Huynh Dam held a working session with the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/Dioxin on August 5 as the country is marking 50 years of the Agent Orange Disaster.