For more news visit ☛ http://english.ntdtv.com
Follow us on Twitter ☛ http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision
Add us on Facebook ☛ http://facebook.com/NTDTelevision
Former Serb general Ratko Mladic was removed from court for being disruptive during his trial for war crimes. His outbursts were not well received by Mothers of Srebrenica, a group of victims and relatives of victims attending the trial.
Former Bosnian Serb general Ratko Mladic was removed from the courtroom on Monday after he defiantly refused to listen to the charges being read aloud to him without the presence of his preferred defense lawyer.
His defiance was not well received by the Mothers of Srebrenica, a group of victims and relatives of victims who died during the Srebrenica massacre.
[Munira Subasic, Chairwoman of the Mothers of Srebrenica]:
"It is very sad that he asked for defense, that he said he has not enough air to breathe... In 1995 when he killed thousands of our children, he didn't ask us, the mothers, for our permission even though I asked him personally to spare my son because he had already killed 22 members of my family."
In Mladic's absence, the judge entered pleas of not guilty on his behalf against charges of genocide and crimes against humanity.
Mladic is accused over the 43-month siege of the Bosnian capital Sarajevo and the massacre of 8,000 Muslim men and boys in Srebrenica -- Europe's worst massacre since World War Two.
Mladic, 69, was represented by court-appointed lawyer, but he has requested for Belgrade-based lawyer Milos Saljic and a Russian lawyer Alexander Mezyaev to represent him.
The spokeswoman for the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia said the court was working to help Mladic get the defense team he wanted.
Hague prosecutor Serge Brammertz has said Mladic used his power to commit atrocities and must answer for it.