for more trading insights, seminars and webinars from spread betting and CFD trading provider City Index. Here, Ben Cooper brings you the key activity shaping the markets on 22nd June 2011. Headlines include:
- After posting the biggest gain in two months yesterday, European equity markets have slipped back today.
- The top gainer so far is Man Group
- Top fallers are stocks are those that are trading ex-dividend including Seven Trent, United Utilities and Experian.
- Results today are expected from Kesa Electricals, HMV and Imagination Technologies.
- Corporate Data, minutes from the Bank of England’s last MPC meeting were release at 9.30am (UK time). Later today, the FOMC rate decision will be announced in the US at 5.30pm (UK time).
Spread betting and CFD trading are leveraged products which can result in losses greater than your initial deposit. Ensure you fully understand the risks.