For more news visit ☛ http://english.ntdtv.com
Follow us on Twitter ☛ http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision
Add us on Facebook ☛ http://facebook.com/NTDTelevision
An entire complex of grocery shops is gutted after an electric transformer catches fire in India's Kanpur City. No one was injured in the incident.
A row of grocery shops was gutted after an electric transformer caught fire in India's Kanpur City on Tuesday.
A short circuit or a spark in an electric transformer located near the cluster of shops is believed to have ignited the fire.
The flames engulfed the nearby shops that turned into ashes, before the fire engines arrived on the scene.
Locals tried to put out the fire, but it became to big too fast.
[Hanuman Mishra, Witness]:
"According to my estimation, at least 10-15 shops have been completely gutted in this fire. The fire was so fierce that we tried our best to extinguish it but all the efforts were in vain."
No injuries have been reported in the incident... and no word how big the economic losses could be.