- Tenant Screening Can Eliminate Tons of Landlording Hassles. Here Are Some Helpful Tips on How To Properly Screen Tenants.
Hi, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com, today I’ve got quick video on some helpful tenant screening tips that will help you with your tenant checks.
* Applicant provides photo I.D.
* Don't hand out applications
* Don't let the applicant fill out the form
* Charge a nonrefundable application fee
* Criminal background check
* Talking to current or prior landlord
* Verifying the tenant's job
* Criminal background
* Credit report
* Personally visit the applicant
* Talk to the applicant's neighbors
Don’t get tricked!
- Falsify Identity
- Falsify prior landlord info
- Falsify employment
- Conceal Eviction
- Under-reporting # of occupants
- Additional Warning Signs:
* Very eager
* Sign with little inspection